Bolivia is one of the the poorest countries in South America
Tony Lind (Flyingbow Guitarist) and I are just days away from embarking on a Mission Trip to Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Here are the broad details from an excerpt of a letter written by Elizabeth Sharpe (chair of the Flyingbow Ministry Board) to prayer partners and supporters:
… I write on behalf of Flyingbow Music Ministry. We support a community of Christian artists and musicians including violinist, Trevor Dick and guitarist, Tony Lind.
In partnership with the International Missions branch of Gideons Canada, Flyingbow Music Ministry has been given the tremendous opportunity to be represented by Trevor Dick and Tony Lind in support of a Mission Trip to Santa Cruz, Bolivia, South America from March 23 to April 1, 2012. They will join a team of 30 men and women who will distribute 100,000 New Testaments and share the gospel of Christ as God leads and opens doors. This mission trip follows in the wake of a similar project last Fall to Lima, Peru where a Gideons team of 19 strategically worked with 230 local pastors to distribute over 47,000 copies of God’s Word in Spanish and share the gospel. On that trip the group celebrated as they witnessed 11,000 individuals come to Christ through one-on-one evangelism and a further 5,000 group decisions for God.
Building on this incredible God-response in Lima, the Gideons have invited Flyingbow musicians, Trevor and Tony to join the Bolivia Team in Santa Cruz to minister in the streets, schools, market places, churches and the main soccer stadium – to attract larger crowds and share their love of Christ in music and testimony. This team will again work with many local pastors and churches in the street evangelism and Bible distribution. Pastors and church leaders in Bolivia are excited about this project and pleased to work in partnership with the Canadian team.
To support this project, please make cheques (designated: “Bolivia Mission Trip”) payable to Flyingbow Music Ministry. You may also donate online at: http://www.flyingbowministry.com. Charitable tax receipts will be issued through Flyingbow Music Ministry for each donation. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions …
According to the Center for Economic and Policy Research, which published an in depth report in December 2009 (using poverty data from 2007), 60.1% of Bolivia live in poverty and 37.7% in extreme poverty. 80.2% of the population have no access to electricity, 86% have no access to running water, and 50.8% have no sewage system connections. It will be a real honour to serve the Lord and the people of Santa Cruz, Bolivia for this 10 days of music ministry and missionary work. We really appreciate all your prayers for safety, open doors and hearts and God’s empowering in every way. As of yesterday, here is how our itinerary is shaping up:
• Thurs/Fri. Mar. 22-23 – travel to Santa Cruz, Bolivia from Toronto, via Miami.
• Sat. Mar. 24 p.m. – Perform and share at a large Crusade Event in the main Santa Cruz Soccer Stadium for 10,000 + people
• Sun. Mar. 25 a.m. – Perform and share in a Church morning worship service , Bolivian Mennonite Colonies
• Sun. Mar. 25 p.m. – Perform and share in a Church evening worship service , Santa Cruz
• Mon. Mar. 26 a.m. – Perform and speak to students of the largest high school in Santa Cruz
• Mon. Mar. 26 p.m. – Street busking, bible distribution and 1 on 1 evangelism in Santa Cruz
• Tues. Mar. 27 a.m. – Perform and speak to 1500 inmates in the Santa Cruz prison
• Tues. Mar. 27 p.m. – Street busking, bible distribution and 1 on 1 evangelism in Santa Cruz
• Wed. Mar. 28 p.m. – Perform and speak at the Santa Cruz military base
• Thurs. Mar. 29 a.m. and p.m. – Street busking, bible distribution and 1 on 1 evangelism in Santa Cruz
• Fri. Mar. 30 a.m. – Perform and speak to students at a Santa Cruz College/University
• Sat. Mar. 31 – To be decided
• Sun/Mon. April 1-2 – travel back home to Toronto from Santa Cruz
The beautiful city of Santa Cruz, Bolivia
I will be posting some updates here as the week progresses so stay tuned. Until next time. T