[NEWS] FLYINGBOW UPDATE – New CD in the Works
This email just went out to all the friends and supporters of Flyingbow … also posted here on my blog in a more interactive environment.
Dear Friends and Supporters,
It has been a little while since I last gave an update on the Flyingbow Music Ministry. As I write, I am excited to be going into Phase One Studios this coming Monday to start recording the next CD Project with the Band. We have been hard at work rehearsing for this coming week of tracking – all brand new, exciting material that we cannot wait to perform live.
“Digging deep” in Richard Cleaver’s Studio, recording our last 2007 Christmas project.
Here are a few bullet updates on Flyingbow:
• The band and I enter Phase One Recording Studio A, one of Canada’s finest recording facilities, for a week of tracking our next Flyingbow CD Project, engineered by Richard Cleaver. We plan to have the new album completed for a Fall CD Release Tour in Southern Ontario and wherever else we get booked … watch for our Tour Dates on my Calendar as they are posted. More “Glory and Peace” Christmas Productions are scheduled for November and December 2009 so keep your eyes open for those.
• It is encouraging to know share that Flyingbow is now Incorporated as a Ministry and, Lord willing, only months away from receiving full charitable status from the Government of Canada. I want to thank the Flyingbow Board and Smith Valeriote Law Firm for their excellent work and support on this.
• We are happy to announce that the original song, “Glory”, from the 2007 “Glory and Peace” Christmas CD project has been nominated for the 2009 International “Just Plain Folks Award” for Seasonal Song of the Year.
• Speaking of Awards, Steve Heathcote, drummer in our band, recently won the 2009 Canadian Smooth Jazz Drummer of the Year Award. We are proud of his accomplishments. I have said this before, but I am very honoured to perform with some of the best musician friends in the country – the 5th String BLVD. Band!
• I will be joining Music Artist, Geoff Moore at Lakeside Church, Guelph on Nov. 14/09 for an exciting Compassion Sunday Event. Really looking forward to this.
• There are lot’s of other Concert Bookings coming up as well this Fall, including some Full Band concerts in Waterloo and Uxbridge plus a Mini Tour once more to beautiful Nova Scotia.
With the Band in the studio in 2007, recording “Glory and Peace”. From left to right: Brad Toews (keys), Corey Lacey (guitar), Trevor Dick (violin), Will Jarvis (bass) and Steve Heathcote (drums).
Mastering our last project at Cherry Beach Sound with Engineers, Richard Cleaver (on the right) and Inaam Haq (on the left).
I want to thank all of you who have made the sacrifices this year to sponsor a child through Compassion Canada. You are making a difference for eternity. Remember to take the time to write letters to your child. They are treasured! As a Compassion Artist, Compassion is a big part of what I do in this Music Missionary Ministry. To sponsor a child today, link to: http://www.compassion.ca
Online ordering and digital downloads of all our CD’s are available through CD Baby (VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS or PAYPAL accepted). All the songs can be previewed there as well. Phone orders are also available at 519-837-3571.
I love keeping in touch with each of you. If you are a Facebook, Myspace or Youtube user, I would be happy to be your friend. This Blog is, however, the BEST PLACE to interact with me directly … a place where I post regular updates, ponderings, pictures, video clips and more … and a place where you can post your thoughts and comments as well below.
Thank you for your continued support. Enjoy the rest of your Summer. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at a concert soon. More details on the new CD will be posted regularly so stay tuned.