Graf-Martin Communications Inc. sent out the following important Press Release today:
Flyingbow Ministry Poised for New HeightsNew Canadian Music and Arts Missionary Ministry is awarded non-profit charitable status by the Canadian Revenue Agency
(Guelph, ON) The Flyingbow Music Ministry Board of Directors and Trevor Dick (artistic director and musician) are announcing the launch of the next phase of Flyingbow Music Ministry with the recent approval of the Government of Canada’s granting of full non-profit charitable status.
Trevor Dick, violinist, founder and artistic director reflects, “I thank God for bringing us to this point. This is most certainly of Him – a very exciting opportunity to do local to global missionary, kingdom work as Canadian musicians and artists with a unique freedom to work within a broad framework of ministry objectives.”
Chair of the Flyingbow Music Ministry Board of Directors, Elizabeth Sharpe comments, “to seek and achieve charitable status in Canada for a world class independent music missionary is unprecedented and we pray that it sets the stage for Flyingbow to grow and prosper in the Lord’s work.”
Flyingbow Music Ministry’s mission is stated clearly; to be music missionaries and artists called by God to encourage others to discover and worship Jesus Christ. The ministry’s objectives fall into four key areas: Church ministry support, Missions and evangelism, the advocacy of music and the arts, and the support of poverty relief in Canada and abroad.
The most well-known component of Flyingbow’s ministry has featured renowned Canadian artist, Trevor Dick. Trevor has ministered across Canada with his electric violin and various accompaniments since 1997.
As one audience goer commented: “listening to your music last night was the most soul- provoking experience … your [concert] brought tears to my eyes … thank you so much for sharing your gift of music.” A pastor wrote after partnering with Trevor: “Your gifts in music combined with enthusiasm and an obvious spiritual heart were a huge uplift for me. I cherish the honesty with which you have learned to serve God! ”
Says Trevor “God has given me a gift and that gift is music. I, in turn, am giving that gift back to Him.” Although well-received by North American audiences, in international settings the ministry’s unique mix of music and evangelism has proven to be especially powerful. Trevor Dick’s instrumental music effectively crosses cultural boundaries and reaches listeners at their ‘soul level’, where lyrics could be a hindrance in communicating the Gospel.
Trevor shares: “As David experienced when he played his harp, I have seen God break spiritual strongholds all over the world, touch and soften hardened hearts through a simple violin. The words I say sometimes need to be translated but our instrumental music crosses all language and cultural barriers and prepares each heart for that message of hope in Jesus.” A new Flyingbow CD project called “Yahweh” (Trevor Dick’s sixth project) will be officially released in late summer, early fall.
The recent charitable status approval will enable Flyingbow Music Ministry to financially partner with supporters who will in turn receive charitable tax receipts for their donations.
The Vision of Flyingbow Music Ministry
We desire through the empowering of Jesus Christ to:
• Wait patiently on God, seek Him and His righteousness constantly. (Matt. 6:33)
• Trust God, not man, and go in His strength and enabling. (Prov. 3:5-6)
• Work hard to hone our gifts in music and speaking ministry so that all is done with thoughtfulness and excellence to the glory of God. (Col. 3:23-24)
• Humbly serve God and others with joy. (Gal. 2:20; Eph. 4:11-12; Eph. 6:7-8)
• Continually be in community with others, build and maintain relationships and work in team. (Eccl. 4:9-10)
• Be constantly available to God’s call and leading locally to globally. (Gen. 12:1; Matt. 4:19-22)
• Constantly deflect all glory to God, the giver of the gifts. (Ps. 95:1-8; Eph. 1:3-14)
The Objectives of Flyingbow Music Ministry
• To advance and teach the religious tenets, doctrines, observances and culture associated with the Christian faith through music.
• To maintain missions, through music, in order to propagate the Christian faith.
• To educate and increase the public’s understanding and appreciation of music, the arts and the Christian faith by providing inspirational and faith-based performances of a musical nature.
• To provide instructional seminars in churches, community centers, schools, youth centers and home studios on topics related to music and the Christian faith.
• To aid in the relief of poverty in Canada and developing nations through encouraging concert audiences to provide aid to those in need during inspirational, faith-based music performances.
VIEW THE ORIGINAL MEDIA RELEASE HERE.