Yesterday, I got started on some renovations (with the help of Kyle, Aaron and Liam) in the basement of our new home to put in a new teaching/pre-production recording studio. Demolition or “deconstruction” is always lot’s of fun! Each boy took a turn at smashing a hole in the drywall or knocking out a wall stud. Here are some pictures of the damage so far:
Liam looks at the area where an old bedroom closet was …
View from the opposite direction … the window to the left will be enlarged to allow more light in and bring the basement up to code.
Same view as photo #1 (standing with Aaron) after we removed the bathroom wall and shower stall to add another 60 square feet to the studio space. The hallway to the left will be the new entrance to the studio through a basement walkout that we have just received a permit from the city to start.